1.What Information is Collected?
A.Business or Member Information
We collect information from representatives of retailers or other businesses (“Members”) to set up a Talk2us account to survey and receive customer feedback regarding experiences with Member services or locations. The information we may collect from Members includes, but may not be limited to:
- Member contact information and first name, last name and email address of the Member representative;
- Email addresses of other Member employees with access to the Member account;
- User name and password to set up a Talk2us account;
- Information regarding your business, such as locations, general customer information, logo, business organization and structure and other background information regarding our services;
- Credit card or payment information (note that credit card information is not required to set up a free trial);
- Billing contact, address and other information;
- Transaction history related to use of our products and services;
- Information, including unique retail code or email addresses of your customers in order to process surveys or send follow up and survey information;
- Aggregate data regarding customer survey results;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies” which may be sent by your web browser and stored on a representative computer to allow our server to offer faster sign-in process, provide user analytics or account information; and
- Business representative’s IP address to measure website traffic and provide a more personalized Talk2us experience.
We collect information from customers on behalf of our retailer and business Members. The information we may collect includes, but may not be limited to:
- Customer’s email addresses to send surveys or other information on our behalf or on behalf of our retailers
- Customer’s transaction history, including number of surveys completed or other information requested by our clients;
- Information regarding customer’s browser or other technical information to assist in completing survey information;
- General information collected through our surveys, including customer’s retail or business experience, satisfaction, product information, service information or any other information requested by our clients;
- Aggregate data regarding customer’s use of Talk2us services generally;
- Computer data or files, often called “cookies” which may be sent by customer’s web browser and stored on individual computers to allow us to provide faster service or assess customer’s use of our services or Site or allow us to provide user analytics to our Members or send reminder emails;
- Computer data files, often called “web beacons” that are collected from emails or links on our Site or third-party websites that allow our serve to evaluate the popularity of those emails, links or information; and
- Customer’s IP address to measure our Site traffic and help provide a more personalized Talk2us experience.
C.Children Under the Age of 13
Our Site and surveys are not designed for children and we do not knowingly collect information from any person we know is under the age of 13. If you are under 18, your parent must complete the registration to establish an account with us.
2.How is Information Used and Shared?
The information we collect as described above is collected to set up your account, collect information necessary to provide products and services and ensure the Site is working properly. We use personal information about our Members and their customers for a variety of purposes related to our business, including but not limited to:
- Allowing Members to create and maintain their accounts and profiles;
- Tracking information regarding Site products and services;
- Tracking information regarding customer surveys and responses;
- Using certain online preferences in the aggregate across all Members and customers to evaluate our services and develop additional products and services;
- Providing technical support to Members or customers regarding their use of our Site, surveys or services;
- Sending or initiating direct marketing programs, such as newsletters or information regarding products and services we offer;
- Contacting Members or customers regarding an inquiry on our Site that was initiated by the Member or customer;
- Providing information about usage or preferences to our third party vendors and providers; and
The information we collect is used to improve the content of our Site and the quality of our products and service, and is not shared with or sold to other organizations for commercial purposes, except as described above, when we have your permission, or under the following circumstances:
- It is necessary to share information in order to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the physical safety of any person, violations of Terms of Service, or as otherwise required by law; or
- We transfer information about Members or customers based on a merger or acquisition event.
3.Data Storage and Protection
Talk2us uses third party vendors and hosting partners to provide the necessary hardware, software, networking, storage, and related technology. Although Talk2us owns the code, databases, and all rights to the application, you retain all rights to your data.
4.Limiting the Information Collected
While we work hard to use and disclose our Members’ and customers’ personal information only for the purposes identified above, you can choose not to provide personal information or limit the personal information obtained by us as follows:
- You may have your contact information removed from our marketing lists that are used to inform users of new or relevant products, services and special offers by clicking on the unsubscribe link in any communication received from us or by emailing us at our contact information provided below;
- You may change information in your user profile by logging into your account and changing your user preferences.
- You may limit the collection of “cookies” from your Site usage through your browser settings. However, this will disable the ability to generate cash back and donations via your purchases.
If you become a registered user of our Site, there are certain communications, such as account information and user agreement updates, that you may not be able to “opt out” of. To no longer receive these communications, you must deactivate your account by contacting us at the contact information listed below.
5.Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits users of our Site or our services that are California residents to request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please contact us via the Site or the contact information listed below.
Questions and Contact Information